A native Angeleno, Michael L. Kleinman, DDS is thrilled to be living in Los Angeles with his wife and four children after spending many years in the East Coast to complete his academic studies. He attended dental school at The University of Maryland Dental School and upon graduation was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon honorary dental fraternity, whose members are selected from among the academic top 10% of the class for exemplary service. He also completed his Pediatric Dental Residency at The University of Maryland Dental School and served as Chief Resident. He is currently on the clinical faculty at UCLA Department of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Kleinman underwent additional training and examinations to became a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Kleinman is very excited about Pediatric Dentistry and the new developments constantly evolving in the field. His philosophy is simple: Avoid restorative treatment as much as possible through strong preventive practices, and if treatment is needed, use the best techniques and methods based on the most current scientific evidence. He has undergone extensive training in all methods of management techniques and loves to care for all types of children.
Dr. Kleinman is a member in good standing in the following professional organizations:
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity – Board Member of Los Angeles Chapter
- Southern California Society of Dentistry for Children – Executive Board Member
- Los Angeles Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- College of Diplomates of The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Outside the office:
Dr. Kleinman and his wife Talya are kept very busy at home by Yael, Ephraim, Layla, and Tamar! They enjoy spending family time together riding bikes, going to the beach, and playing around the house. Dr. Kleinman is involved in his children’s schools and other community organizations.